Home    Workshops    Members Only    Contests    Join    Contact us                       RWA Chapter

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Meet FF&P's Debra Doggett

Debra Doggett answers questions from the FF&P Zone:

What novel has inspired you the most as a writer?

This is going to sound crazy but it was a war novel by Leon Uris called Battle Cry. It was about his experiences as a Marine in WWII and had all those scenes of camaraderie, etc. during the battle. I love fight scenes and I love writing real guys, which comes in handy as a romance writer. And fantasy battle scenes are the best, cause you can invent all the cool weapons, etc.


If you could be any character in a novel, who would it be?
Not so much one particular character as a character with "powers". I really crave superpowers. I love those heroines in the Christine Feehan Ghostwalker books who are enhanced with psychic and physical abilities. I want that and I don't care how tough it makes my life. Having always been a physical wimp that would be awesome.

If you could be any cartoon character?
Peggy Hill, from King of the Hill, simply because she's married to Hank, who's the most realistic male on television.

What is your favorite word?
Probably "just" since I seem to put it in everywhere, lol
I wonder if that means I'm wishy-washy. Hmmm....

Who is your favorite character from your own work?
The heroine in my current wip, Annemarie Landry, a beginner witch in a bad situation who is so much fun to write because she's sarcastic and needy and tougher than she realizes.

If you were going to be dropped on a deserted space colony, what three things would you take?
A pencil and paper and a huge supply of Coke, although it might be smart to take some form of music cause my singing voice would drive me insane.

Wolf, vampire, or demon?
Definitely wolf - think of the freedom of shapeshifting. And of having that kind of strength (see earlier question about my craving for superpowers). I couldn't do vampire cause the thought of not seeing the sun would kill me. And demon, well, there are some issues with that one.

Any last words?
Keep reading - it'll take you more places than Delta Airlines and even some Delta can't fly to.

For more Debra Doggett, catch "THE PRIZE" from Wild Rose Press
Release Date: September 12, 2008

4 comments:

Tarot By Arwen said...

Love love love your last words! :) You are so right!

penney said...

Great interview thanks!
Penney

Pat McDermott said...

Fun interview, Debra. I enjoyed reading about what inspires you. Good luck with "The Prize!"

Debra Doggett said...

I can't push reading enough. I meet so many people these days (too many) who never read. Never. I can't imagine that.
Debbie