Home    Workshops    Members Only    Contests    Join    Contact us                       RWA Chapter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My muse has a dirtier mind than I do…

Please welcome guest blogger Stacey Kennedy

When I first started out writing I wrote a nice urban fantasy romance with a bit of spice, yet it didn’t have explicit sex scenes, and I never used frank language. With eighteen books published now, I’ve come to discover that my muse is naughty!

I’m not sure what happened that made her decide to become so erotic, but I’m telling you she shocks me. There are times when I write a story, then come back to it a couple months later for edits, and I can hardly believe what I am reading.

So, I began to wonder the other day, what would happen if I had to read this in front of people? Would I be able to do it? The answer to that is, no way!! I would not make it through one sentence using some of those colorful words, nor could I read the passionate scenes the characters find themselves in. My face would be blushing and I’m pretty sure I couldn’t even form the words.

I’d love to hear what you all think—could you read your own work to a room full of people? And have any of you experienced a muse who loves gettin’ down and dirty, and seems to be getting more daring as time goes by?


Stacey Kennedy is an Amazon Kindle Bestseller for her story, Stolen Dreams, The Lingering Spirit Book One. She loves urban fantasy/paranormal and erotic romance genres. If she isn’t plugging away at her next novel, tending to her two little ones, she’s got her nose deep in a good book. She lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband. Be sure to drop her a line at www.staceykennedy.com, she loves to chat.


A Warrior’s Witch

Murder has brought Talon, Master of Guardians, as well as Zia, his witch and Master of Witches, to Chicago. The manner of death appears to be a suicide, but Talon is far from ready to close the case. To avenge the Guardian linked to his past, he agrees to take on the assignment, and find her killer.

As they dive deeper into the investigation, they find themselves entering a world where BDSM is the norm. A lifestyle that Zia is uncomfortable with and, rattled by this new development, she is more than ready to return to the Otherworld. But their investigation quickly takes an unexpected twist when they discover that they’re not only hunting a killer but also someone who is controlling supernaturals in Chicago.

Their mission not only brings danger, but also forces Talon to deal with decades old guilt that corrodes his soul. Every event that unfolds only deepens his fight and pushes him to face an ultimate choice—what is more important—his duty to the Otherworld or the witch he holds closest to his heart?

4 comments:

Mona Karel said...

When I decided to take the plunge and put what became My Killer My Love back out for submission, I first read it through on my Kindle. Frankly, I was amazed at all the sex in that story. Seems like they reached out to each other in comfort and sharing a whole heck of a lot! So maybe my muse is more romantic than I thought she was

Rosalie Lario said...

My muse is way dirtier than I am! I've learned to give her free reign. My editor will pull me back when she needs to (and she does, LOL).

Jessica E. Subject said...

Most of what I've written has been "sweet romance", with some sensual sex scenes, even though they still make me blush.

I've started an erotic romance story and whoa! There is no way I would let anyone in my family read it except my husband. He told me to make sure it was kept out of view so that our daughter couldn't find it and read it.

I find it much easier to write though than the sweet stuff, and more fun. LOL

Stacey Kennedy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is shocked sometimes! LOL!!